With PortaSwitch, owners of multiple callshops and Internet cafés can instantly create an easy manageable business network and provide attractive and user-friendly services to their resellers and callshop clients. Additionally, Internet café/callshops owners may offer their clients prepaid and/or postpaid voice calling, as well as issue their own calling cards using the same platform with no additional investment.
PortaSwitch represents an ultimate platform for resellers and end user of callshop services. The solution includes multilingual web interface for the callshop administrator and self care pages for the customers. These interfaces are white-labled and can be easily customized for the specific needs of the callshop owners.
Who is it for?
- Callshops currently working with old circuit switch technologies who are aiming to reduce their costs and upgrade their systems
- Internet cafés looking to increase their range of services and bring in more customers
- International universities where students frequently call home/abroad
- ITSPs/carriers interested in providing outsourced/hosted services for Internet cafes/callshops
|If you want to start establishing and managing your own multiple callshop network in your home country or abroad and need more technical and/or pricing information about our solutions for multiple callshop owners, please contact our sales team.|
How does it work?
The main revenue stream for Internet café/callshop owners comes from calls generated in phone booths or via clients installed on PCs. Here is a step-by-step scenario:
- An Internet café/callshop customer enters a phone booth and places a call by dialing the destination number directly.
- Alternatively, the call can be placed using a softphone client installed on a PC.
- PortaBilling identifies the phone booth, keeps track of call details, and calculates the corresponding call charges. The software is monitored by the operator via a PC.
- Upon call completion, the operator presents the caller with a bill for the call(s) he/she has made, according to the rates for each country called.
The core elements of a VoIP-based callshop solution include:
- Optional IP-to-PSTN Gateway that supports RADIUS/AAA (CISCO, Quintum, TelcoBridges, Squire Technologies, World Telecom Labs, etc.); this plays the role of an interface for the originated call from the PSTN (caller's phone) to the IP network (Internet);
- PortaSwitch, a software platform built around a comprehensive converged billing software system and includes a class 4-5 SIP softswitch with media application servers for services like voice mail and IVR;
- Compatible end-user hardware (IP telephones, telephone adapters, integrated access devices, PC clients, etc.).
PortaOne's VoIP-based Internet café/callshop solution includes (but is not limited to) the following main features:
- An unlimited number of callshops may be operated using a single installation (callshop chain model)
- Call rates are flexible, and are predefined in the billing software (PortaBilling) by the Internet cafe/callshop owner
- Compatibility with most existing VoIP carriers (H323 or SIP)
- Instant generation of CDRs per phone booth
- Instant invoice generation per phone booth/call
- Analysis tools and report generation by period, traffic/charges, VOIP carrier, destination country/city, revenues, and profitability
- Fully compliant with the Visa security standard