PortaSwitch is a unified service delivery platform, which includes the following components:
- Session-Border Controller (SBC)
It provides a high-availability control point for all network communications. It hides the internal network topology; protects from denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; limits call initiation ratio per end-point; automatically distributes traffic between available softswitch nodes; enables multiple transport protocols (e.g. SIP over TLS).
- Softswitch cluster
Highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, advanced call control, full IP Centrex feature set, voice and video calls, fax-over-IP, presence / BLF, instant messaging and SMS. Media processing includes voicemail, auto-attendant, call queues, call recording, IVR applications, voice and video conferencing.
- IP phone auto-provisioning
Zero-effort instantaneous configuration of more than 50 different IP phones from various vendors. Flexible provisioning framework allows to easily add new phone models.
- WebRTC gateway
(optional, third-party) allows to deliver feature-rich communications directly to your customer’s web browser.
is used to configure the service parameters, set up recurring and usage-based charging, activate customers, perform monitoring & troubleshooting and issue invoices. There is a real-time data link between B/OSS and softswitch, so any changes are instantly effective and no additional configuration is required.
This allows to implement variety of revenue generation methods, such as “all inclusive” or “a-la carte” selling of features (e.g. call recording); selling bundles of minutes for monthly subscriptions; charging based on metered parameters (number of extensions or concurrent calls).
- Self-care portal
It allows the customer to perform most of the IP Centrex configuration (adding extensions, configuring hunt-groups or auto-attendant, etc.), access CDRs and invoices, make payments, etc.
How does it work?
- There are three main business drivers for an enterprise to consider using the IP Centrex service:
- Replacing a legacy PBX in order to simplify maintenance and enable remote offices or work-from-home employees to function in a single environment;
- Migrating from another IP PBX solution to gain better flexibility and reduce costs;
- Increasing staff productivity through CIT (Computer Telephony Integration), which typically means integration with CRM, auto-dialing, access to call recordings, etc.
- You (as a service provider) define your service offer as a combination of recurring fees per line, charges to be applied based on the total number of extensions, per-minute calling rates, bundled (free) minutes (individual per line, or shared between all lines), volume discounts, and so on. You have the flexibility to offer “à la carte” subscription of features (e.g. call recording) on top of the basic plan.
- Customers are provisioned in PortaSwitch and assigned some recurring charges (either fixed or based on the number of extensions), financial parameters (such as credit limit, payment terms, or fraud-detection profile) and, most importantly, login credentials for the self-care portal.
- The administrator allocates IP phones from the CPE inventory to the customer. This ensures that as soon as an IP phone is connected to the network it is automatically provisioned by PortaSwitch, and no further action on the customer side is required.
- Using the self-care portal, customers can configure their extensions, huntgroups and auto-attendants, obtain additional local/toll-free DID numbers, and purchase add-ons such as call recording or conferencing.
- When an end-user makes an outgoing call from the customer’s office, the call is authorized by PortaSwitch: various fraud-prevention measures are applied, and customer’s balance is checked in real time. PortaSwitch then routes the call to another IP PBX extension (for intra-office calls), or to a PSTN network.
- Calls to DID numbers (local or toll-free) arrive from carriers or DID exchanges, and are then routed to an auto-attendant, call queue, huntgroup, or individual extension, depending on the settings.
- Fax-over-IP, both outgoing and incoming, is supported as well.
- The customer has a clear overview of all configuration settings, call recordings, CDRs and invoices. Each employee has access to the self-care portal for his individual line and can change settings there (e.g. follow-me number list).
- At the end of the month, all applicable fees are assessed, a PDF invoice is generated and emailed, and the credit card on file is automatically charged.
- Anti-fraud and call attempts (CPS) control
- Auto-provisioning of SIP phones
- Automated billing and invoicing
- Detailed web-based logs for troubleshooting
- User-friendly web GUI for IP Centrex management
- Per-call selection of route quality
- Quick ordering of new DIDs (local, toll-free, international)
- Use desktop phone, mobile phone or smartphone app
- Rigorously tested new versions
- Adaptive routing to provide the best available quality
- Clustered components for high availability
- Ultimate availability (99.999%) with Oracle RAC
- Site redundancy and zero-downtime updates
- Charging based on number of extensions, trunks and/or concurrent calls
- Minute bundles with a fixed monthly fee
- Least-cost routing across multiple outgoing carriers
- Real-time call authorization and overdraft protection
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Class5 features that work reliably
Online web signup with credit card billing
- Multiple currencies and markets
- Promotions and discounts
- Resellers (white-label operators)
- Usage/payment based commissions
- Alternate Numbers
- Distinctive/Priority Alerting
- Do Not Disturb
- Extension Dialing
- Call Forwarding /Follow-Me
- Selective Call Acceptance
- Call Transfer
- Selective Call Rejection
- Call Waiting
- Sequential Ring
- Calling Line ID Delivery
- Shared Call Appearances
- Simultaneous Ring
- Calling Line ID Blocking and Override
- Speed Dial
- Account Codes
- Hunt Groups
- Auto Attendant
- Least Cost Routing
- Loudspeaker Paging
- Call Centers
- Three-Way Calling
- Call Pickup
- Two-stage Dialing
- Call Park and Pickup
- Multi-site dialing plans
- Music on Hold
- Voice/Fax Mail
Hosted IP PBX / IP Centrex
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7