PortaSwitch is a unified service delivery platform, which includes the following components:
- Session-Border Controller (SBC)
It provides a high-availability control point for all network communications. It hides the internal network topology; protects from denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; limits call initiation ratio per end-point; automatically distributes traffic between available softswitch nodes; enables multiple transport protocols (e.g. SIP over TLS).
- Softswitch cluster
Highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, advanced call control, full IP Centrex feature set, voice and video calls, fax-over-IP, presence / BLF, instant messaging and SMS. Media processing includes voicemail, auto-attendant, call queues, call recording, IVR applications, voice and video conferencing.
is used to configure the service parameters, set up recurring and usage-based charging, activate customers, perform monitoring & troubleshooting and issue invoices. There is a real-time data link between B/OSS and softswitch, so any changes are instantly effective and no additional configuration is required. This allows to implement variety of revenue generation methods, such as “all inclusive” or “a-la carte” selling of features (e.g. call recording); selling bundles of minutes for monthly subscriptions; charging based on metered parameters (number of extensions or concurrent calls).
- Self-care Portal
It allows the customer to perform most of the IP Centrex configuration (adding extensions, configuring hunt-groups or auto-attendant, etc.), access CDRs and invoices, make payments, etc.
How does it work?
- Customer has on-premises IP PBX, legacy PBX (connected to VoIP gateway) or Microsoft Lync.
- There are three main business drivers for SIP trunking service:
- Customer wants to save money on outgoing long-distance and international calls
- Customer wants to have various incoming phone numbers (toll-free, different cities or even different countries).
- Customer has multiple branch offices in various cities – they want toll bypass for calls between extensions of different branches
- Easy and quick service provisioning
- Anti-fraud and call attempts (CPS) control
- Automated billing and invoicing
- Detailed web-based logs for troubleshooting
- Self-care to manage configuration
- Per-call selection of route quality
- Quick ordering of new DIDs (local, toll-free, international)
- Use desktop phone, mobile phone or smartphone app<
- Carrier-grade security with Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Full data redundancy
- Clustered components for high availability
- Ultimate availability (99.999%) with Oracle RAC
- Site redundancy and zero-downtime updates
- Real-time call authorization and overdraft protection
- Minute bundles with a fixed monthly fee
- Charging based on number of trunks and/or concurrent calls
- Least-cost routing across multiple outgoing carriers
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Fast delivery of new features with agile development
- Online web signup
- Promotions and discounts
- Resellers (white-label operators)
- Usage/payment based commissions
- Least-cost-routing (LCR)
- Failover routing
- DoS attack and “rogue” call traffic prevention
- Multi-site office support (Voice VPN)
- Fixed-mobile convergence
- Static or dynamic IP address for branch IP PBX
- NAT traversal
- Local Number portability
- Fax: T.38 and fax-to-email
HD voice support
- On-demand DID provisioning
- Call limit control based on bandwidth
- SIP trunk control (total / outgoing / incoming)
- Call attempt rate (CPS) control
- Secure calling (SIP over TLS)
- Unified communication
- Customer self-care portal
- Automated invoicing
- Auto-charge of credit card / ACH
- VAS: Conferencing, CNAM, etc.
- API for creating advanced call control applications
- Statistics and reports
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7